Saturday, July 2, 2011

day 8...part 2

thank goodness for good friends. today was spent hiking with my good friend m. you know that she recently went through a heart break of her own. she completely understands everything i'm feeling. we talked about, her ex, and ourselves. it was a nice day to spend in nature reflecting on everything. seeing her and the strength she possesses to overcome her broken heart motivates me.
my other friends, who don't know much of the details of you and i but they know i'm hurting and need to keep busy, invited me to spend the evening at their house for a bbq, games and relaxing in the hot tub. they are amazing and true friends to be there for me and understand without having to know the entire story.
while sitting in the hot tub i looked out at the stars. pretty soon displays of fireworks filled the sky. i should have felt bliss. what a beautiful end to my day. but it was treachery to me. i ached for you to be sharing it with me.
you and i were supposed to be celebrating the 4th of july together. our summer wasn't exactly planned out, but we talked of all the fun things we were going to do...a trip to lava, camping with your grandparents on their property, fishing, hiking, golfing, bike rides, a cruise for my 30th birthday, boating, getting a vw bus to take road trips in...oh i was so excited. it had been such a long winter and was looking forward to spending time with you and making memories.
I miss you terribly. i pray that god will soften your heart. that you will remember the love you had for me. i know you loved me. i also pray that god with help me to become better. to become the person that you saw inside of me, that person i've been so afraid to let out. i pray that he will strengthen me to get through this time.
I LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment